Indian Wallpapers for wall
Korean Wallpapers for wall
German Wallpapers for wall
Italian Wallpapers for wall
Silk Wallpapers for wall
Fabric Wallpapers for wall
Natural Wallpapers for wall
Classical Wallpapers for Wall
Traditional Wallpapers for wall
Kids Wallpapers for wall
Trendy Wallpapers for wall
Soft vinyl and Hard vinyl Wallpapers for wall
Handmade Wallpapers for wall
Advantages of wallpaper:
“The great thing with wallpaper is that it is harder to do but once it is done it lasts a long
time.You can get 10 to 15 years from wallpaper. When I paint a room it seems like before
long I am painting it again. Especially with children
When it comes to redoing a room that has been wallpapered if the room was prepared
properly the change should not be to difficult .By that I mean,a good primer applyed
under the paper makes removel easier. There are methods for removing paper also.
In the long run it can be cost effective, due to the amount of years you can get from
paper. And nothing compares to the beauty and warmth you get from wallpaper. It will
add so much character to a room. Wallpaper will change the whole visual appearance of
a room. It can brighten a room, add lots of character, make it warm and cozy and even
make it look bigger and that sometimes suprises people.It will bring out your personality.
Create a theme through out your house.Wallpaper will give you an assortment of colors
to work with right from within the paper. Wallpaper will bring out things in your home
that were lost with plain white walls. Accentuating angles and fire places and much more.
My personal accountant shared with me that wallpaper adds value to your home.Thats
Wallpaper is always in. It will never go out of fasion. Not even foe finish
painting can capture the beauty that wallpaper offers.The paper companys are
always coming up with new patterns to keep up with the latest trend and still
keeping the old patterns which I like.” (from http://www.linkgrinder.com/
Disadvantages of wallpaper:
* Humidity can cause it to become unglued.
* It?s easily soiled and damaged.
* Older paper nearly impossible to match color or pattern if damaged.
* Costly to replace.
Advantages of paint:
“Paint is the most popular and practical wall treatment. Why? Because it is quick,
easy, and generally the least expensive way to give a room an instant “makeover”. Like
cosmetics, paint can call attention to fine details or mask less than perfect ones.
There are two basic kinds of paints, and their different composition affects their color and
1. Latex paint is water based, washable, and quick to dry.
2. Oil based paints take longer to dry and need solvents for cleanup, but have rich colors
and are durable.
Both are available in finishes that range from high gloss to flat. Gloss paints intensify
their colors and cover more area per gallon of paint (approximately 600 feet). Flat covers
are more subdued and cover approximately 400 square feet per gallon. Both types are
washable. Check with your local paint dealer for advice on which type of paint is best for
Disadvantages of paint:
* The disadvantages of using oil based paint or varnish are:?
* It has a slow drying time. This depends on the oil content, the less oil the faster the
* There is a long drying time between coats; this can cause an inconvenience, as the job
* A skilled applicator is required to apply it as it can be difficult to brush, it runs,
curtains, laps etc.
* It doesn’t have good sealing properties on “bleeding ” surfaces. Bleeding materials are
mostly tar based and are easily soluble in oil. It is good however at covering water stains.
* The heat resistant properties lower with increased oil content.
* It is not alkali resistant through saponification (to convert oil into soap by
decomposition with an alkali) of most drying oils but the resistance does increase by
decreasing the oil content. Tung oil is very stable.